vegan and gluten-free (for 2 people):
for the porridge:
100 g gluten-free oat flakes, pithy
1 pinch of vanilla
1 pinch ground tonka bean
200 ml gluten-free oat drink, unsweetened
½ ripe banana
1 tsp chia seeds
For the Ayurvedic apple compote
- 3-4 apples
- 3 cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp cardamom powder or 4 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- a dash of agave syrup or 1 tsp coconut blossom sugar
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 Medjool date
- First peel the apples, core them and cut them into small cubes.
- Then heat ghee in a saucepan.
- Add the spices and the apple pieces and roast briefly. Add chopped dates.
- Let everything simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Then season with lemon juice and agave syrup or coconut blossom sugar.
- Remove the cloves and cardamom pods and consume the apple compote directly or fill it into a sealable jar.
Oat flakes have a calming effect on irritated gastric mucosa walls and regulate digestion. In addition, apples contain fiber for the good bacteria in the gut and are most digestible when they are steamed and prepared with spices such as cardamom and cinnamon. The essential oils of the cardamom seeds soothe the stressed gastrointestinal tract, relieve cramps, stimulate digestion and also help with flatulence.