(as a starter for 4 people)
2 beetroots (if possible 1 red and 1 yellow beetroot)
1/2 ripe avocado
6 pickled capers
½ lemon, juice from it
2 thin spring onions
1 tsp mustard
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
freshly ground pepper
some garden cress for decoration
- Peel the beetroot with a vegetable peeler and cut into very small cubes.
- In a saucepan with lightly salted water, cook the beetroot cubes for about 10 minutes until they are soft but still have a bit of a bite.
- Meanwhile, wash the spring onions thoroughly and cut into fine rings. Finely chop two capers, removing the stalk. Peel the avocado and cut into fine cubes. Combine all three ingredients in a bowl.
- Rinse the cooked beetroot cubes in a sieve under running cold water until they are lukewarm or at best cold.
- Add the lemon juice, mustard, white wine vinegar, diced beetroot, pepper and salt to the avocado, spring onion and caper apple mixture. Mix everything together well and place in the middle of four plates.
- Cut the garden cress with scissors and spread over the tartare. Halve the remaining capers and place in the middle of the tartare portions. Decorate with a little salt and freshly ground pepper and serve. Bon Epitit!
Tip: You want it to go a little faster? You can buy already cooked beetroot
vacuumed and thus save yourself the cooking process.