(for 4 people, 2x vegan + 2x beef)
2 pieces of entrecote or ribeye (approx. 200-250 g)
200 g oyster mushrooms
2 tablespoons of fried olive oil
for the chimichurri marinade:
1 bunch of fresh parsley
½ Bunch of fresh thyme
1 bunch of coriander or 1 bunch of mint
1 red pepper
1 clove of garlic
1 lime, juice of it
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
5 tbsp olive oil
freshly ground pepper
for the “Hasselback” potatoes (flap potatoes):
12 waxy small to medium-sized potatoes
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp coarse sea salt
for the green ones Beans:
350 g green beans
2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
250 ml vegetable stock
1 tsp savory, dried
freshly ground pepper
- For the chimichurri, wash and finely chop the herbs. Both leaves and stalks can be used for parsley and coriander. With thyme and mint, the sprig should be removed and only the leaves used. Wash, halve, deseed and finely chop the peppers. Also peel and finely chop the shallot and garlic. Now mix everything in a mortar or a small bowl with olive oil, red wine vinegar, juice of a lime as well as salt and pepper.
- Place the entrecote or ribeye and cleaned oyster mushrooms in two different bowls or deep plates. Remove ⅓ of the finished chimichurri and store in the fridge for later. Place the rest in the bowl to and over the beef and oyster mushrooms. Use your hands to marinate both the beef and oyster mushrooms. Put them back in the bowls and seal them airtight with cling film or beeswax cloth and let stand in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C for circulating air.
- For the Hasselback potatoes, wash the potatoes thoroughly and score them several times with a knife to create a kind of fan. Place these potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush with olive oil. Bake in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- For the green beans, wash the beans thoroughly and cut off the ends (approx. 1/4 inch at each end so that the ends are no longer pointy and the beans can soak up the vegetable broth.). Peel and finely chop shallots and garlic. Sweat briefly in a pan with olive oil and add the beans. Roast briefly and pour over the vegetable broth and savory. Simmer for about 10 minutes with the lid closed and then simmer for another 10-15 minutes without the lid. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- For the beef and the oyster mushrooms, brush two pans each with a little olive oil and heat. Place oyster mushrooms in one pan and add the beef to the other pan. Sear the beef over high heat for about 2-3 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Fry the oyster mushrooms until golden on all sides.
- Arrange the Hasselback potatoes and green beans on the plates and refine the fried beef and oyster mushrooms with the remaining chimichurri from the fridge and arrange them on the plates next to them.
Tip: The best way to prepare chimichurri is in a mortar, so you can use the pestle to get even more flavor out of it.