Ingredients (for 4 people)
for the tea pears:
4 pears of the variety: Williams Christ
4 bags of spiced tea (e.g. gingerbread tea or chai mixture)
1 organic orange
for the cranberry sauce:
200 g fresh cranberries
2 tbsp coconut blossom sugar
100 ml red wine (or dark grape juice)
200 ml water
1 pinch .ground tonka bean
2 tablespoons maple syrup
for the orange tonka soy quark:
600 g soy quark
1 tbsp date syrup
1 organic orange, zest and juice
1 pinch ground tonka bean
- Boil two liters of water. Wash the organic orange in hot water and cut in half. Put the tea bag in the hot water. Put the orange halves in the pot as well.
- Peel the pears with a vegetable peeler. Leave the stalk on the pear. Halve the pears and remove the core with a spoon.
- Put the pear halves in the orange tea water and simmer for 20-25 minutes (depending on the size of the pears). The pears should be nice and soft and smell faintly aromatic of tea.
- Meanwhile, wash the cranberries thoroughly and bring to a simmer in a saucepan with water, red wine and coconut blossom sugar. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. After the cooking time, stir the ground tonka bean and maple syrup into the now slightly thick cranberry sauce. Take the pot off the stove and use a hand blender to puree it to a homogeneous cream.
- For the orange tonka soy quark, mix soy quark with date syrup, the juice and zest of an orange and some ground tonka beans.
- Divide the soy quark between four bowls and halve the poached pears and drape on top. Spread some cranberry sauce on top and serve.
Bon Epi-tit !