(for 2 people):
800 ml vegetable stock
1 small pak choi
1 small fennel
1 spring onion
1 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 cm thick piece of ginger
freshly ground pepper
2 organic eggs or 80 g silken tofu
2 tbsp apple or red wine vinegar (for poaching)
- Heat vegetable broth in a saucepan.
- Wash the fennel, pak choi and spring onions thoroughly. Cut the fennel into thin slices, separate the leaves from the pak choi and cut the spring onions into fine rings. Add all three ingredients to the soup.
- Wash the ginger thoroughly and grate it into the soup with a fine grater, complete with the peel. Add tamari and sesame oil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the poached egg: fill a saucepan with water and vinegar and bring to the boil. Stir with a tablespoon to create a swirl of water. Let the egg slip into this strudel. To do this, crack the egg on the edge of the pot and let it flow sideways into the strudel. Now let the poached egg stand for 4 minutes at medium temperature and carefully lift it out of the pot with a tablespoon and place it in the soup. Do the same with the second egg.
- For the vegan version: Cut the silken tofu into small cubes and add them to the soup at the end of the cooking process.
- Spread the soup between two bowls and garnish with freshly ground pepper and freshly grated ginger, if you like.